Sunday, June 28, 2009

macro bought by woolworths

Just a quickie today - unimpressed to discover that Macro Wholefoods, as of May 09, has been bought out by Woolworths.

Enough.
Freaking.
Woolworths.

You can read more here - some of the stores are going to be turned into 'upmarket grocery' stores named Thomas Dux. Macro's line of products will be bought out too, and presumably rebranded.

I am getting downright sick of hearing terrible stories of the way that Woolworths treats its food growers and suppliers, and I know I'm not the only one.

And I really liked their tempeh burgers.

Read more here.

4 comments:

  1. What a downer!

    I really like reading your blog, here's an award!
    http://owlfox.blogspot.com/2009/07/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so disappointing. not that i shopped at macro much due to the prices and distance from my house, but still...

    ReplyDelete